Thursday, March 22, 2007

Disfiguration

Did same routine experiment at work today.

Digested the meat samples.

Was doing some data work when my supervisor burst in and say i didnt on the tap.

Forgot to on the tap for the condenser.

All the mercury to b tested have evaporated and gone. They're highly volatile u see.

Nvm.

Have to re-weigh samples n redo. 6 of them.

1st step: Add vanadium oxide to each.
2nd step: Add concentrated nitric acid (HNO3).
3rd step: Add conc. sulphuric acid (H2SO4).

Maybe coz its the 2nd time doing. Abit pek chek and wan fast. So adding acid that time i add damn fast. So when i reach the 4th sample, i tot i damn season liao damn pro liao.

Who noes. When adding conc HNO3, instead of going into the flask, the acid hit the rim and splashed onto my face.

STUN.

I seriously shocked. I noe the danger of it. No joke. I couldnt move. Till i felt my face burning with pain.

i chiong for the tap n rinse. The sting of the acid is damn damn pain. I was choking on the smell coz one drip was on my lips. It was kinda dissolving n eating up my flesh. Shit. The tap was those auto kind which didnt work very well. I chiong to the outside sink to wash.

My mistake: I wash only awhile. Then chiong to toilet to c how was my face coz i can feel the disfiguration. As in i touched my face and i felt lumps. I was damn freakin scared. I was shaking terribly man. I was reeli reeli scared it'll leave permenant scars.

I ran back to the lab n find for peggy (my supervisor). She was damn shocked and pulled me to wash with water. She said need to wash for HALF AN HOUR. and i washed for like oni a min?? The inbetween time of mi running to the toilet and back already allow the acid to eat up more flesh.

Damn pain.

Reeli big commotion. I was surrounded by the whole lab staffs. Like 9 of them. All so worried and panic. My head was just over the sink all the while.

Peggy then drove me to the nearby polyclinic to see doc. All the while i had ice pack on my nose. (My nose kena the most. The rest was on my face n chest.) So paiseh. Ppl must be thinking i broke my nose or something.

Doc said luckily we ran water over coz its like the most impt. Gave mi saline to water and cream to apply plus 2 days mc.

So now i'm home.

Heng Jaya not ard. The experiment i was doing was actually his job but he on MC today. Monday when he c mi sure nag like dunno wad. Haix.

I shall go slp now. Too much shock to take.

Posted by indescribableone at 1:55 PM